- To build loyalty,
- to develop trust among customers, and
- For brand awareness.
There are two types of email Marketing
- Transactional emails: –
Transactional emails are triggered on a customer’s activity with a company. Triggered transactional messages are classified into the following categories;
- Dropped basket messages,
- Password reset emails,
- Purchase or order confirmation emails,
- Order status emails,
- Reorder emails and email receipts.
- Direct emails
In order to communicate a promotional message, for example, a special offer or a product catalogue, we use direct email, which involves sending an email solely. Companies commonly collect a list of customer or prospect email addresses to send direct promotional messages. Some companies also rent a list of email addresses from service companies.
Advantages of Email Marketing
- Email marketing is significantly cheaper and faster than the traditional mail system.
- Most of the cost falls on the recipient.
- Those who send a high volume of emails can use ESP Businesses.
- It is also used to gather information about the behavior of the recipients.
- The insights provided by consumers help businesses to make use of consumer behavior.